Wednesday, April 23, 2014

How I Grow My Nails

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a chronic nail biter. It's a nervous habit that's been a coping mechanism when I'm stressed out or anxious. The past couple years, I've been better and have successfully grown my nails out a few times. For me, this takes patience and will power, but I always love the result!

If my nails aren't strong enough, I'll peel them off which completely ruins the goal of growing them out. I use a nail strengthener as a base coat every time I paint my them so they don't break off. I've used this one for years. My friend's mom introduced me to it, and it's been a holy grail product ever since. When they get a little too long for my taste, I just file them down.

For a top coat, I use Essie's Good to Go. It gives a super shiny finish and it fills in dents that magically happen when you're (I'm) too impatient to let the nail polish dry.


At the moment, I have Essie's Shop Till I Drop on my nails. It's a "soft pink coral cream". It's very sheer and took multiple coats to get it opaque. It's a nice bright color while still being relatively neutral. It would be really nice for a French manicure if you use a light coat before putting on the white tips for a change.


Products
Esmalte Endurecedor para Unas- $7.99 on Amazon
Essie Good to Go Top Coat- $8.49 at Target
Essie Shop Till I Drop- $8.50 at Ulta

-Courtney






No comments:

Post a Comment